Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tuesday Tidbits

How Y'all doing?

I just checked my Google analytics and since I started this blog last September I've had almost 1100 unique visitors. However, I only know a few of you. Thanks for checking out my blog. When you stop by, say hi.

I am loving the weather this week.  The temps here in Atlanta are in the high 60's and low 70's. That is perfect to me. Once it gets above 80 degrees I am done. That is just too hot for me unless I'm on a beach somewhere.

I tried making homemade mozzarella this past weekend. My friend, Bunny bought a kit that was supposed to make cheesemaking easy. NOT!
This is the kit we used
The kit is basically renat tablets, citric acid & recipes. You mix 1/4 of a renat tablet with 1/4 cup of water. Then mix 1 1/2 tsp of citric acid in 1 cup of water.
Take a Gallon of milk and add the citric acid and heat to 90 degrees

Then remove from the heat and pour the renat solution into the milk and stir in an up and down motion for 30 seconds...

Cover and let sit for 10 minutes

This is what you get I got.
Epic Fail!
Well, not such an epic fail. We didn't get mozzarella but we did get enough solids to make a yummy cheese spread. We just added a few spices and BAM.

Pretty good! I still want some fresh mozzarella but I think I will just buy it next time.

You've got shemail!

I am bummed RuPaul's drag race is over. I'm even more bummed Tyra Sanchez won but I digress. She did seem a bit better in the reunion special. Let's hope so! I am was soooo exited that Pandora Boxx won Ms. Congeniality.
She was my favorite!

Luckily, RuPaul has a new show coming to Logo this summer...

"RuPaul's Drag U" is a series where everyday women compete in a series of challenges to unleash their inner diva. Hosted by RuPaul and a team of drag queen instructors like past Drag Race stars, Jujubee, Ongina, Tammie Brown, Shannel, Morgan McMichaels, Raven & Pandora Boxx.
Can't wait!

Bob Out

8 comments:

Bo said...

Hey Bob....that's a lot of visitors...congrats!

Bob said...

I was Team Boxx and knew she'd get Miss Congeniality!!

Wonder Man said...

I hate to say this, but I didn't think Pandora should have stayed on so long. Jessica was better. Sorry

robertga99 said...

It's ok, Wonder Man.
I liked Jessica too. I think it was just Pandora's wonderful sense of humor and attitude that i loved so much. Her Carol Channing was amazing. She should have won that challenge.

Mark in DE said...

Better stick to store bought mozzerella.

I will miss Drag Race too, and also didn't like that Tyra won, although I knew it was going to happen. Jujubee became my favorite.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the blog stats! I really enjoy your posts.

Anonymous said...

I finally saw a few episodes of RPDR late last night and I loved it. I didn't have a problem with Tyra Sanchez. Maybe I missed the bitchy parts?

robertga99 said...

You must have! The wedding challenge with the singing. The burlesque challenge where she wouldn't work her team. And the challenge where she knocked over the clothes rack to trip up the other girls. Ugh