Monday, April 19, 2010

Is it over yet?

Y'all I have had a BAD week! I think it is almost over but let me tell you...

This all started last Tuesday night. I got off work and stopped at my local grocery store to pick up a few things. I whip out my debit card and proceed to pay for my groceries when the girl tells me it didn't go through. I thought she just meant something went wrong and I needed to swipe it again. So I so do and she leans over and says, "No, it's been declined-insufficent funds". WTH? No, I tell her...I know I have money in my account. I was so embarrased that I just paid with my credit card and left. I didn't even make it out of the store before I start calling my bank. I find out the reason it got declined is because my account is in the red for about $700.00.  I am freaked out now. So I go home and get online to look at my account when I see the problem. I made TWO mortgage payments instead of one. I don't know if this is my fault or the banks. I do know this has NEVER happened to me before and I really do know how to use bill pay.

To make a VERY long story shorter...I have been on the phone with my mortgage company and my bank for hours a day trying to get this worked out. By the time Friday arrived my account was almost $900.00 in the red and $536.00 of that was insufficent fund fees. See... I should have had almost $400.00 in the bank after everything was paid. The first mortgage payment went through on Friday of the previous week. That weekened I had used my debit card on multiple occassions. On Monday night the second mortgage payment went through leaving me in the red for about $300.00 and then all the debits that were "pending" transactions came through and the bank charged me $36.00 for each one. It was a TOTAL mess.

What ticked me off is this...my mortgage company could see that I made two payments. It should be easy to just refund one, right? NOPE! It was a pain in the a$$. A BIG ONE! Then on top of that my bank should be able to see that I made two payments and that I've never done that before. They were the EXACT same amount. My account has never had an insufficent fund charges and I've been with them almost 20 years. It took from last Tuesday night until this afternoon to get it all reversed. The bank then refunded all the service fees. THANKFULLY! Geeees, I have been soooo stressed out!

However, will all that stress I did manage to unwind a little this weekend. I was house sitting for my boss. Check out the view...
It was a beautiful weekend with mild temps and a nice breeze. I took this pic of his dog, Mindy...

Isn't that a cute pic! She was posing for the camera. I wish I could get my dog, Scooby to pose. I tried but this was as close as I could get...

I know...not even close. He just looked so cute rolling around in the grass. At least this time he wasn't rolling in duck/goose poop. Whew!

Hope you all had a great weekend!
I'm going to catch up on my blog reading/commenting.
TTYL
Bob Out

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, geez. Sorry to hear you had such a stressful week. I'd be screaming holy murder if that happened to me.

Now that I think about it, I did have that problem with T-Mobile and it cost me about $100 in fees I never got reversed.

(((hugs)))

Bob said...

Nothing worse than getting the "No, it's declined."
Glad it's working out now.

Unknown said...

oh my fuck, I would have had an aneurysm. You are a stronger person than I am. Did you at least drink?

I would rather pee myself in public than get have someone say to me it says Insufficient Funds. I know. Traumatic. Glad you had everything worked out. Drink up.

robertga99 said...

Oh, I did drink...a lot!
I was totally embarrassed! Thank God, it's over. There are a lot more details that really would have you saying "oh my fuck". I think I am switching banks. I wish it were easier to switch mortgage companies.