Thursday, April 8, 2010

In the kitchen with Bo's Bowl: Avocado Shake

Once again I find myself in the kitchen with Bo's Bowl and you know I am gonna lick it clean. :)

Bo always has the best recipe's and when I saw this one I knew I had to try it. I LOVE Avocado's but I've never had one in a sweet dish...Until now! In other words Bo... you popped my cherry on this one!

Avocado Shake

This is the recipe Bo posted...
1 ripe avocado
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 cups ice cubes

In a blender combine all the ingredients and blend until smooth. Divide into two glasses.

Ok, yea...this pic sucks! I was in such a rush to try it that I forgot to wipe the rim and make sure I got a good pic...SORRY!

The only thing I did different was I used skim milk instead of whole. I don't use whole milk and didn't want to buy some just to make the shake. I will say that even with the skim milk this was delicious, smooth & creamy! I invited my parents over and they loved it also. They asked what kind of ice cream it was(good sign). Try it sometime!
 &
Thanks Bo for another wonderful recipe!

Bob Out

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw this on his blog too. Sounds like something I have to try!

robertga99 said...

Come on over, MIchael...I'll make you one :)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, seriously, seriously, my grandmother use to make these all the time. I was telling my partner this a few days ago and he is all like "eww" so "eww my ass". I am showing him this recipe.

robertga99 said...

Oh Virginia, it was so good!
Make him one and he won't be saying "eww" any longer.

Lover Lady said...

Suck up! :)' Make me one next week!

Bo said...

Hey Bob...glad you liked it!

Eduardo Guize said...

I read this last night right before going to bed and it took me a while to fall asleep fighting the craving for avocados, my all-time favorite fruit... I really need to find good avocados in Paris (I've been trying in vain for four years)

Mistress Maddie said...

I just discovered his blog and LOVED IT! I will have to try some of his excellent recipes!