Sunday, January 17, 2010

And the Golden Globe goes to...

I love a good Awards show and The Golden Globes are one of my favorites. It's non-stop action with great categories. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that Sandra Bullock won for "The Blind Side"! And Meryl Streep for "Julia & Julia". The only disappointment for me was the Stanley Tucci didn't win! I love him!

Here is a full list of the winners tonight...


Best Motion Picture- Drama, "Avatar"

Best Motion Picture- Comedy or Musical, "The Hangover"

Actress, Drama: Sandra Bullock, "The Blind Side"

Actor, Drama: Jeff Bridges, "Crazy Heart"

Director: James Cameron, "Avatar"

Actor, Musical or Comedy: Robert Downey Jr, "Sherlock Holmes"

Actress, Musical or Comedy: Meryl Streep, "Julie & Julia"

Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz, "Inglourious Basterds"

Supporting Actress: Mo'Nique, "Precious: Based on the Novel `Push' by Sapphire"

Foreign Language: "The White Ribbon"

Animated Film: "Up"

Screenplay: Jason Reitman and Sheldon Turner, "Up in the Air"

Original Score: Michael Giacchino, "Up"

Original Song: "The Weary Kind" (theme from "Crazy Heart"), (written by Ryan Bingham, T Bone Burnett)



TELEVISION:


Series, Drama: "Mad Men"

Actor, Drama: Michael C. Hall, "Dexter"

Actress, Drama: Julianna Margulies, "The Good Wife"

Series, Musical or Comedy: "Glee"

Actor, Musical or Comedy: Alec Baldwin, "30 Rock"

Actress, Musical or Comedy: Toni Collette, "United States of Tara."

Miniseries or Movie: "Grey Gardens"

Actor, Miniseries or Movie: Kevin Bacon, "Taking Chance"

Actress, Miniseries or Movie: Drew Barrymore, "Grey Gardens"

Supporting Actor, Series, Miniseries or Movie: John Lithgow, "Dexter"

Supporting Actress, Series, Miniseries or Movie: Chloe Sevigny, "Big Love"
&
Cecil B. DeMille Lifetime Achievement Award: Martin Scorsese.

Bob Out

4 comments:

Lover Lady said...

I was glad RDJ won for Sherlock--and I thought his speech was the funniest and freshest of the night.

I also loved, of course, that Glee won.

And I thought Ricky Gervais was a hoot, though I am not sure some folks "get" him.

Anonymous said...

It was a great show. I really enjoyed it! Now we're on to the Oscars!

Stephen said...

I love Tucci, but he was nominated for the worng film... well, it is the Golden Globes, after all.

Mark in DE said...

Stanley Tucci is very sexy. :-)