Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Best of 2010

Here are a few of my favorite things of 2010...

Best Restaurant Discovery...

Holy cow, Y'all...if you are ever in Atlanta you must eat here! It's not authentic Mexican, it's not Tex Mex, it's like Southwestern/Southern/Mexican. I just call it damn good food! You can visit their website by clicking here. There is one dish not listed on the menu, it's a combo of beans, rice & turnip greens called "The George". If you visit, make sure you ask for it. SO.DAMN.GOOD!

Best Movie...
"Black Swan"? Nope! "The Kids Are All Right"? Nope! "Social Network"? Nope! Nothing against those movies but the # 1 movie of 2010 to me has to be "Toy Story 3". This movie is far from than just an animated kids movie. It touches so deeply. I would even go so far as to say it deserves the Oscar for best movie of the year. It was also the #1 grossing movie of the year with over $ 415,000,000 domestically. WOW!

Best Song...

Michael Buble' "Haven't Met You Yet". I LOVE.LOVE.LOVE this song. It really describes what I'm singing daily to my future husband that I haven't met yet.

Best Video...

There was no better video. PERIOD! I mean Lady Gaga & Beyonce together in a super fun & campy video, what could be better? TOO GOOD FOR WORDS!

Best TV Show...

I love a lot of shows like "Glee , "How I Met Your Mother" and "Modern Family" but "The Middle" edges them all out as my favorite. This show is just so damn funny and reminds me of my life growing up. Patricia Heaton is pitch perfect as the typical suburban mom.

Best NEW TV Show...

If you are not watching "Raising Hope"...why the hell not? Stop whatever you are doing and set your Tivo/DVR. It comes on right after Glee and I know you guys are watching Glee. Stay tuned and check this show out. It is hysterical! And Cloris Leachman as Maw Maw is beyond fantastic and will crack your ass up.

Enjoy your day!
Bob Out

6 comments:

paul said...

Finally, someone who agreees with me that "The Middle" is the best tv show. For some reason, "Modern Family" has been receiving all the attention - maybe because of the gay characters- and "Middle" has been ignored. The kids, you gotta love them. The cast and writers are awesome. And I love the fact they they're an average (well maybe not that average) family trying to survive.

Unknown said...

Omg, raising hope is funny. I have never seen it, will look out for it on DVD.

Robyn said...

Southwestern Mex food is awesome!

Anonymous said...

buble...the middle, raising hope...brilliant choices my friend:)

robertga99 said...

Totally agree Paul! Sue is my fav. I just love her spirit in the face of constant adversity.

Virginia...where the hell have you been?

Sonya said...

Enjoyed your list! Hope you have a great 2011.