Thursday, December 9, 2010

Concerts I've Seen

A couple of days ago I ran across a box of old concert tickets. Here is the list of the shows I've seen and some comments on the great ones. I can't wait to add Cher to this list. I'm about six weeks away from the show and I am SOOOO EXCITED.  If you leave a comment, tell me what was the best concert you've ever been to. The numbers in parenthesis are the number of times I've seen that artist in concert.


Olivia Newton-John(2)
     She is my all time favorite artist. I just love her. When I was young I used to make my parents take me to buy her albums the day they were released. Seeing her in concert for the first time was something I will never forget. Great show!

Janet Jackson(2)
      Lipsynche or not she puts on a hell of a show

Madonna
      All hail the Queen! She is amazing live
Garth Brooks(2)
      Two of the best shows ever. Garth is a true entertainer

Wynonna(2)
      I wouldn't say I'm the biggest fan of Wynonna's music. However, she puts on a great show and is VERY personable with the audience. Great performer.
Lee Ann Womack(2)

Brad Paisley

Keith Urban
      WOW, I LOVE HIM! He is an amazing performer!
Carrie Underwood

Willie Nelson

Toby Keith

Lee Ann Rimes(2)

Billy Ray Cyrus

Rascal Flats(2)

Blake Shelton

Celine Dion
     I can't believe she sings live and sounds that good. AMAZING!

TobyMac(6)
     My favorite! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE him! For those that may not know him, he's a christian artist

DC Talk(4)

Justin Timberlake
    I saw Justin & P!nk together just a couple of years ago. Now that was one GREAT show.

P!nk

Rick Springfield

Ringo Star

Culture Club

INXS

Survivor

Human League

Howard Jones

B52's

Tracy Lawrence

Loggins & Messina

Suzy Boggus

Def Leppard

Alanis Morisette

John Berry

Michael Crawford

Heart

Duran Duran

BeBe & CeCe Winans

James Blunt

The Cheetah Girls

The Jonas Brothers

Third Day(4)

Michael W. Smith

Carmen(2)

Reliant K

The W's

Family Force 5

Jimmy Buffet(2)
      It's not a show...it's an experience. Parrot heads unit!

Kelly Clarkson

Train

The Pet Shop Boys

REM
      My favorite band ever! I LOVE their music. My favorite song is "Nightswimming". Michael Stipe came out and sang is with just a piano and violinist. WOW! It was incredible.

Newsong

Alan Jackson

Travis Tritt

Jo Dee Messina

The Charlie Daniels Band

Depeche Mode

Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch

Milli Vanilli

The Monkees

Blackhawk

Michael Bolton

Grateful Dead

311

Bob Out

10 comments:

Bob said...

I've seen everyone from Springsteen to Dolly Parton, but my favorite was seeing Diana Ross and having her ask me onstage to dance with her.

robertga99 said...

Wow, that's awesome!

Deep Dish said...

ONJ's "Physical" tour in the fall of 1982 - I was in seventh heaven. She put on a fabulous show!

RAD said...

WOW!!! Cool! Dang! I want to see Cher so bad!!!

Wonder Man said...

That pic of Janet was in NYC for GMA (I think), I was there for that one

Amers425 said...

LOVED Justin Timberlake! Other than him I think Chris Ledoux was fantastic, and so is Reba MacEntire. Brooks & Dunn was always fun too. ( I spent most of my 19-26 yrs. old at country music concerts. haha)

Anonymous said...

Bob, my friend you have a award waiting for you at Pen to Page:)

Robyn said...

When I was younger I used to go to concerts all the time. The best one by far was Def Leppard when they toured after Rick Allen's injury. That stage in the middle of the arena was awesome!

Mistress Maddie said...

Boy, you haven't been to many concerts huh? LOL! The only ones I been to are Envogue and Mariah Carey.I'm a bad gay.....

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Quite the impressive list. I want to tag along on seeing Cher! Holy Cow!