I don't like making New Year's resolutions but I do like setting goals for myself. So I thought it would be cool to do a list of 10 things I would like to accomplish in 2010. Throughout the year I will republish the list and give updates on each goal.
So here goes...My 10 for 2010...
1) Lose 30 pounds. I have gotten so sloppy with my eating/exercise habits. I feel gross and need to get this extra weight off. I would love to lose more but I will set the bar low so as not to get overwhelmed.
2) Visit Tallulah Gorge. This is a state park in Georgia. It is less than an hour from my house and I have passed it 100 times but never stopped. Did you know part of the movie, "Deliverance" was filmed at Tallulah Gorge? "I bet you can squeal like a pig. Weeeeeeee!"
3)Spend less time on Facebook. Hello, my name is Bob and I'm addicted to Facebook. I may need an intervention. I love the site so I don't want to give it up. I just want to limit the time I spend on it.
4)Spend a lot more time looking for a new job/career. I need a new job...badly. I work for a travel agency and they are becoming extinct. We've had pay cuts and layoffs but I'm still hanging on. I have tried to look for a new job but I haven't truly invested a lot of time doing it. I need to make it a top priority.
5)Step all the way out of the closet. This was one of my goals for 2009. As you guys probably know from earlier post, I still haven't told my mom. There is still a few days left so maybe this will happen in 2009.
6) Try different restaurants. I eat at the same places over and over again. Next year I want to venture out and try new restaurants and different cuisines. A friend introduced me to a local pizza place and it was fantastic. They had squeeze bottles filled with honey on the tables. Let me tell you ...that is the BEST. IDEA. EVER. You eat your pizza down to the crust and then squeeze the honey on the crust...DELICIOUS. Although I can't do it often(see goal # 1).
7)Volunteer more. I see people average people doing extraordinary things for others and it makes me sad that I don't put more effort into helping the less fortunate. If there is one thing I have learned, WE ARE BLESSED! I may not be rich but I have a lot. It's time I show how Thankful I am. I'm not sure in what capacity but I will figure it out. Stay Tuned :)
8) Look for Mr. Right and not Mr. Right now. I need a man! A good man! Not just a F*ck buddy. I think because I have stayed in the closet so long my love life has been a series of F*ck buddies. A lot of them have been long term but it's not a REAL relationship. I've fooled myself a long time into thinking I would be happy with that...but I'm not. I really would love to experience love in the right way. So if you know anyone, send them my way :)
9)Have more new adventures. This year I went Kayaking for the first time. If you would like to read about it, click here. It turned out to be a lot of fun. I am definitely doing it again this year. I want to try more new things in 2010.
10) Be a better blogger. I have really enjoyed blogging this year. I just started at the end of August. It was a little slow going at first but It's really turned out to be something I love doing. It's been great getting to know the people that have been checking out my blog. I checked Google analytics this morning at is says I've had 248 unique visitors since I started. WOW, that's awesome! I really appreciate you guys stopping by and leaving your comments. I'm not a great writer and I stress over spelling and grammar errors but it's still been fun. I want to really try to refine the blog and make it better.
Well, I think that's it...my 10 for 2010. Stay tuned and I'll keep you updated on my progress. Have a GREAT week!