Thursday, October 14, 2010

In the kitchen with Bob Out: C is for Cookie

I've done a couple of "In the kitchen with Bo's Bowl" post but thought I would do a recipe from my own kitchen. I am famous around my office and the Humane Society for making cookies. This really is a great recipe and everyone loves them. I use the base recipe to make a lot of different varities. This one is for Peanut Butter...
Ingrediants for base recipe:
2 sticks unsalted butter-softened
3/4 cup granular sugar
3/4 packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tlbs milk
1 tsp vanilla flavoring
2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder

Directions:
Mix softened butter with granular & light brown sugar until creamy. Then add the eggs, milk, vanilla flavoring and beat just until all combined. In a seperate bowl combine the flour, baking powder & salt. Then add the flour mixture into the butter and sugar mixture.

At this point you add the ingrediants for the type of cookie you want to make.
For this recipe...
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup salted cocktail peanuts
I added the peanut butter to the butter/sugar mixture before I added the dry ingrediants. Then once combined the wet & dry ingrediants, I added  the salted cocktail peanuts.

Try these variations using the same base mixture...
1 12oz pkg of semi-sweet chocolate chips  &  1 1/2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
                                                                  or
1 12oz pkg of white chocolate chips  & 1 1/2 cups chopped macadamia nuts
                                                                  or
1 1/2 cups of crasins & 1 cup chopped almonds(subsitute almond extract for the vanilla extract in the base mixture)

Baking...
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
Scoop out a tlbs of batter and dropped on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for appox 13 minutes or until slighlty golden brown. 
Serve with a big glass of milk & enjoy!

I hope you like this recipe. Let me know if you try it.
Bob Out

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look great!

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

I've done Craisins and White Chocolate Chunks together.

Want the recipe for Amaretto/Walnut/ Chocolate Chunk Cookies?