Sunday, February 21, 2010

In the kitchen with Bo's Bowl

Today I stepped into the kitchen with Bo's bowl and I am going to lick it clean.  :)

Well, I'm not actually in the kitchen with Bo but I am making one of his recipes. If you haven't checked out Bo's blog then please stop by. He has a great blog going where he features wonderful recipes he makes. I saw this one a few weeks ago and knew I had to make it.

Hot Italian Sausage Soup
Here's the recipe...

1.5 lbs Hot Italian Sausage, about 5 links
1 medium onion, diced
3 carrots, peeled and diced
3 celery stalks, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried oregano
2 bay leaves
35 oz can of crushed tomatoes
2 15.8 cans Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
5 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste


You can also check out the full recipe and step by step instructions by clicking here

Here are the pics I took showing the steps in making this wonderful soup...

I served it with a wonderful Ciabatta Bread
Mmmmm, Mmmmm, Mmmmm Good
Thanks for the great recipe Bo!
Bob Out

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks fantastic!

Bo said...

Bob,
Thanks...I'll let you lick it clean whenever you want. I'm glad you made it and thanks for the shout out.

Jovan Gonzales said...

That looks amaaaaazing. I might be having to try this out soon. Sans beans and take the sausage out after cooking and this would make such a tasty broth for basically anything. Yummmmy. Doesn't it make you feel all warm and fuzzy when you cook something delicious!? :D

Lover Lady said...

I made this soup last Monday night and it is WONDERFUL! Gets better the longer it sits. And it makes a TON, so I froze some.

BTW, I think Bobs, Bunny and Bo need to have a 3-B Cooking Weekend...what do you say guys??

Bob said...

Yum....I'm heading to his blog now.
That soup looks fantastic!

raulito said...

Do you have a good recipe for Italian wedding soup?
saludos,
raulito
http://fromtop2bttm.blogspot.com/

Mark in DE said...

Looks good and sounds tasty!!