I made this Irish Whiskey Cake last night. It is so simple and so dang delicious. Here's the recipe...
1 box yellow cake mix
1 (3 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cups Irish whiskey
4 large eggs
1 cup copped black walnuts (or pecans)
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup Irish whiskey
1. Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan.
2. Stir together the cake mix and pudding mix.
3. In another bowl, mix oil , water and 1/2 cup of the whiskey. Stir the liquids into the dry mixture. With an electric mixer, beat in eggs, one at a time, at medium speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Then beat until smooth, about 2 more minutes. Stir in walnuts.
4. Turn batter into prepared pan. Bake in a preheated 325-degree oven until the cake is lightly browned and pulls away from the side of the pan, about 1 hour.
5. For the glaze, melt the butter in a saucepan add sugar. Bring to a boil take off heat and add 1/3 cup whiskey.
Enjoy your day and I hope someone
doesn't does pinch you