Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Eat My Meat(Loaf)

If you like meatloaf, you will LOVE this recipe. I found a basic meatloaf recipe online years ago and edited it to come up with this one. It really is great and I hope you guys will try it and let me know how you like it.
Bob Out's Meatloaf...
2 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp mustard
1 tbs Worcestershire Sauce
3 tbs ketchup
1 1/2 tbs chopped fresh parsley
1 cup dry bread crumbs
1 egg

Mix all ingredients together and form into a loaf. I also add more ketchup to the top before baking but I know some people don't like that. So add as much to the top as you like or none at all.

Please a pan of hot water on the rack below the meatloaf and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour. The hot water keeps the extra moist and delicious.

I served it with Ina Garten's Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes. Here's that recipe...

3 pounds boiling potatoes, peeled
1/2 cup milk
1 stick unsalted butter
3/4 to 1 cup buttermilk(depending on how thick you like them)
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

In a large pot, bring 4 quarts of water and 2 tablespoons of salt to a boil. Meanwhile, cut the potatoes into 1 1/2-inch cubes and add them to the boiling water. Bring the water to a boil again, lower the heat and simmer uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes, until the potatoes fall apart easily when pierced with a fork.


Meanwhile, heat the milk and butter in a small saucepan, making sure it doesn't boil. Set aside until the potatoes are done.

As soon as the potatoes are tender, drain them in a colander. Place in a bowl and mash with a potato masher. As soon as the potatoes are mashed, stir in the hot milk-and-butter mixture with a whisk or rubber spatula. Add enough buttermilk to make the potatoes creamy. Add 2 teaspoons of salt and the pepper, to taste, and serve hot.

YUMMY!
I really think the fresh parsley makes all the difference. You can also add chopped celery to it but I have so many friends with an aversion to celery that I typically don't add it anymore.

Bob Out




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUM...this is very much like my meat loaf, Ive never put mustard in my recipe, I will have to try it....

so what do you say, should we swap meat sometime ? lol

robertga99 said...

how U doin!(said like Joey from Friends)
:)

Bo said...

Bob..I bet your meat tastes good!

robertga99 said...

Oh Bo, it does! It really does :)'

twunty mcslore said...

I like meatloaf quite a bit, so I'll give your recipe a try. I like fish as well but somehow fishloaf never took off in these parts. Not sure why. Hmm.

Lover Lady said...

Do you ever make this recipe in muffin tins? If yes, how long would you cook?

robertga99 said...

I have never baked it in muffin tins. I would start out at 25 mins and keep checking it

Anonymous said...

Okay BOB, have cut and paste your Loaf and Mashed for future meal. Sounds good to me. Yes not a big ketchup fan, but will use it.
bear hugs chubbybear at pacbell net